Appointments & Referrals
Patient Referral Information for Health Care Professionals:
For patient consultation or to transfer a patient please call the Arizona Burn Center directly at 602-344-5726 or 866-749-2876.
American Burn Association and Arizona Burn Center Referral Criteria:
- Partial thickness burns over more than 10 percent total body surface area (TBSA)
- Burns involving the face, hands, feet, genitalia, perineum or major joints
- Third-degree burns
- Electrical burns, including lightning injury
- Chemical burns
- Inhalation Injuries
- Circumferential burns
- Burn injuries in patients with preexisting medical disorders that may complicate management, prolong recovery or affect mortality
- Patients with burns and concomitant trauma, such as fractures, in which the burn injury poses the greatest risk of morbidity or mortality
- Pediatric burn patients in hospitals without qualified personnel or equipment for the care of children
- Burn-injury patients who require special social, emotional or long-term rehabilitative intervention
Our specialized burn team also treats the following conditions and diseases of the skin:
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS). SJS is a serious systemic allergic reaction with a characteristic severe rash involving the skin and mucous membranes that requires treatment similar to burns.
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TENS). TENS is a life-threatening skin disorder that is commonly drug-induced. A variant of the same disease process as SJS.
- Necrotizing Fasciitis (NF). NF is a bacterial infection. This bacteria invades the soft tissue and fascia. NF can occur in an extremity following a minor trauma, or after some other type opportunity for bacteria to enter the body.