Treatment and Services
The Endoscopy Department at MIHS is a full service, state-of-the-art department. Procedures are performed by specially trained physicians and include:
- Esophogastrodudenoscopy (EGD): a procedure to diagnose and treat problems in your food pipe (esophagus), stomach and the first part of your small intestine.
- Colonoscopy: a test to find ulcers, colon polyps, tumors, and areas of inflammation or bleeding in your large intestine (rectum and colon).
- Enteroscopy: a procedure to find and treat problems in the digestive system.
- Bronchoscopy: a procedure that allows your doctor to look at your airways.
- Endoscopic-retrogradechoolangiopancretography (ERCP): a specialized technique used to study the bile ducts, pancreatic duct and gallbladder.
- Endoscopic Ultra-sound: procedure to assess digestive and lung diseases.
- Endoscopic Bronchial Ultra-sound: procedure to see structures within the airway wall, lung, and mediastinum.
- Pill-Cam: a small, disposable capsule used to monitor and diagnose disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Esophogeal Manometry: test to determine if your esophagus is able to move food to your stomach normally.
- Bravo pH testing: test for identifying the presence of acid reflux.