Obstetrics and Gynecology
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is comprised of 14 full-time generalists and specialists and 30 residents who participate in the Phoenix Integrated OB/GYN Program. Our very busy obstetrical practice with approximately 2,500 babies born every year keeps:
- A total of 11 Labor and Delivery Recovery Post-Partum (LDRP) rooms
- A modern 20-room labor and delivery suite
- The MIHS Maternity Package Plan for mothers with complete prenatal maternity care
- Obstetrical and gynecological services at our Family Health Centers and Comprehensive Health Center
- Nurse Midwifery Services
Maternity Care Services and Resources:
- Free pregnancy testing at our 10 Valley-wide Family Health Centers and Women’s Care Clinic located on the main hospital campus
- A highly-qualified team of doctors and nurses, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Comprehensive prenatal care including high risk and prenatal diagnosis
- Childbirth education, breastfeeding, parenting & teen classes
- Low caesarean section rate
- Vaginal delivery after caesarean sections
- Large comfortable family-friendly private birthing suites
- Culturally sensitive, multilingual staff
- Certified inpatient lactation consultant
Maternity Package Plan
Our maternity package plan is one of the most affordable in the Valley. Please note, prices are subject to change without notice.
MIHS offers two plans for Arizona residents. One plan is designed for Maricopa County residents and another for those residing outside of Maricopa County, within the state of Arizona.
Download Plan for Maricopa County Residents here.
Download Plan for State of Arizona Residents – outside of Maricopa County – here.
Two Package Types
- Vaginal Delivery
- Caesarean Section Delivery
Both Packages Include:
- Routine lab tests
- Obstetricians, anesthesiologists
- Routine maternal and infant hospital charges
- Breastfeeding support
Labor and Delivery
Once you are ready to deliver your baby, you will be cared for by our exceptional Labor and Delivery unit staff. Labor and Delivery medical care is provided by inpatient hospitalist obstetricians, physicians and certified nurse midwives. High-risk maternal fetal medicine observation is available around the clock, and there is always a team of at least four residents providing care. For more information, please visit Labor and Delivery here.