Treatment and Services
The ENT Clinic at MIHS provides ear, nose and throat therapy for surgical and Nonsurgical outpatients. This clinic offers care from the audiologist (a doctor of audiology) to ear, nose and throat specialists, and even head and neck specialists. This continuum of care includes consultation, evaluation, variety of hearing tests, pre- and post- surgical care, as well as surgical procedures.
Numerous conditions are treated utilizing a wide variety of procedures including:
- Comprehensive Hearing Test: utilized to correctly diagnose patient’s current state of hearing.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: a surgical procedure utilized to remove obstruction in the sinuses (removal of nasal polyps).
- Myringotomy: a surgical procedure to open the eardrum and remove fluid to decrease number of infections.
- Pressure Equalizer Tubes: placed in ears during procedure to maintain the opening.
- Thyroidectomy: a surgical procedure to remove the thyroid gland.
- Tonsillectomy: a surgical procedure that removes the tonsils.
- Turbinectomy: a surgical procedure to relieve nasal obstruction. This includes the removal of some, or all of the turbinate bones in the nasal passages.
- Removal of Head/Neck Tumors: a surgical procedure to remove an identified tumor.