Teen Pregnancy Program
Pregnancy can be one of the most complex experiences a teen ever faces, having a profound impact on the rest of their life. Helping teens find answers to their questions and discover their hidden strengths is very important. We recognize these issues and have developed a safe place for teens to find guidance and help during the journey of teen pregnancy. New Hope teen Pregnancy Program is a specialty clinic of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maricopa Medical Center. This program provides specialized prenatal care, teen childbirth & life skill classes, and connection to community resources.
Women’s Care Center, 2nd Floor
2525 E. Roosevelt Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
Teen Prenatal Clinic:
- Every Tuesday
- Staffed by a CNM
- Longer, More Frequent appointment times
- Before & After School Appointments
- Social & Educational needs addressed during visits
Teen Childbirth and Life Skill Classes:
- Free and next to clinic
- Tuesday afternoons from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Fun games and role playing
- Interactive Skits
- Nutritious Snacks
- Little gifts for the baby
- Topic’s (Repeat throughout the year):
- Week 1, Healthy Pregnancy
- Week 2, Nutrition
- Week 3, Healthy Relationships
- Week 4, Normal Labor & Delivery
- Week 5, Complications in Labor
- Week 6, Breastfeeding & Baby Care
- Week 7, Birth Control & Career Planning
- Week 8, Tour of Labor & Delivery
Connection to Community Resources
- Licensed Social Worker available to offer helpful resources
- Domestic Violence Counselor gives training and resources
- Home Health Agency Connections to all who would like to participate
- Family Learning Center with many videos, books, and computer resources available on site
New Hope's Mission:
- Engage teens in an ongoing dialogue that fosters responsible decision making and resiliency.
- Encourage pregnant teens to fully participate in their prenatal care & preparations for their coming baby.
- Equip teen with practical and relational life skills.
- Educate teens using teaching styles that build self esteem and are developmentally appropriate.
- Enhance the quality of life for adolescents by using and interdisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive care and resources.
- Empower teens to make healthy decisions that positively impact their future.
Creator and Director of Teen Pregnancy Program:
Tammalynn Bambulas, CNM- Certified Nurse-Midwife for over 13 years with a Master's Degree in Nursing. She has been working at Maricopa Medical Center for over 8 years.
- Stella Garcia
Clinic Contact for questions
- Mayra Travizo
Medical Assistant Phone
- Virginia Wight
- Mary Ann Ashe
Licensed Social Worker, MSW
- Yolanda and Estella
Domestic Violence Prevention Advocates
- Chin We Healthy Start Community Worker
- Shirley Velazquez
Family Learning Center Coordinator
Defining Program Success:
- Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg- Philosophy of Teen Clinic based on his work
- Sabrina Soto- Administrative Assistant, Ob/Gyn (web page)
- Jeff Nelson- Clinic Manager
- Patricia Graham- MD, OB/GYN, Clinic Medical Director
- Evan Taber, MD, Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist
- Lucy Hosmer, CNM, MSN, Director of Nurse Midwives
- Dean Coonrod, MD, OB/GYN, Department of Ob/Gyn Chair
Brochure: (Not ready yet)