Treatments and Services
MIHS is nationally recognized for trauma and emergency care. Our mission is to deliver the highest level of care through our dedication to clinical excellence, training and research.
All MIHS trauma surgeons have specialized training in trauma and critical care, and are double boarded in general surgery and surgical critical care.
MIHS’s multidisciplinary trauma team includes:
- PHYSICIANS – Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesia
- NURSES – Emergency Care Center, Operating Room, Intensive Care Units, Floors and Clinics
- TECHNOLOGISTS – Laboratory, Radiology and Blood Bank
- THERAPISTS – Respiratory, Physical, Occupational and Speech
Comprehensive Health Team - What Makes MIHS Special
From a simple contusion to compound fractures, open wounds or lacerations, our staff is capable of delivering complete, timely and state of the art care, from admission through rehabilitation. A few things that make us special include:
- All trauma surgeons are dual boarded in general surgery and surgical critical care;
- Orthopedic expertise in complex fractures and acetabular repairs;
- Endovascular support for repair of blunt aortic injury;
- Fellowship trained neurosurgical and spine surgeons;
- Comprehensive burn care.