What Types of Services are Available?Contact List of Service Providers
- McDowell Healthcare Center (MHCC) has a Women's Clinic on Thursdays as well as other adult HIV care
- Bill Holt Infectious Diseases Clinic at Phoenix Children's Hospital offers pediatric care and access to clinical trials for infected and exposed children
- Care Directions offers case management services for HIV-infected women, youth, children, and their affected families
- Consumer Advisory Board (CAB)
- HIV Counseling and Testing of women and male youth;
- Education, recruitment, and enrollment of HIV+ women and youth into clinical trials through Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS and Phoenix Children's Hospital;
- Transportation through Care Directions for clients to get to their medical appointments;
- Onsite Dental care;
- Onsite Behavioral Health Services;
- Related women's services at McDowell Healthcare Center and Southwest Center on Women's Clinic Days meals are provided for both events.
Several organizations have support groups for HIV infected and affected individuals and their families. These support groups are even further differentiated by more defined groupings, such as women, minority women, families of infected or exposed children, youth who have been perinatally infected, and others. For more information on support groups contact:
- The Bill Holt Infectious Diseases Clinic at Phoenix Children’s Hospital for family and youth groups; and
- The Family Advocate, Lorraine Brown for women’s educational groups and more information on various support groups. There is a women's support group that meets weekly at McDowell Clinic. The McDowell Women’s Group meets every Thursday from 9:30am – 11:30am at the McDowell Healthcare Center, 1101 North Central, Phoenix. Breakfast is provided with guest speakers and activities, all McDowell women only are welcome.