Refugee Women's Health Community Advisory Coalition
To Empower, to Mentor, to Connect and to Reshape
The Refugee Women’s Health Community Advisory Coalition (RWHCAC) has been established to collaborate and inform the directions of the Refugee Women’s Health Clinic (RWHC). The RWHCAC is structured in six working subgroups/committees, each with elective chairs: Public Relations, Program Promotions, Education, Resource Development, Research, and Strategic Planning.
- Public Relations: In charge of advertising and marketing materials, contacting local and national media and/or newspapers when appropriate, putting programs together for events, addressing collaboration opportunities and sharing information.
- Programs Promotions: Responsible for developing outreach strategies for both patient contacts and referrals processes, engaging in community outreach activities and distributing RWHC materials.
- Education: Develop and elaborate educational materials, maybe selected to participate or conduct trainings, assist with translation and interpretation services when appropriate.
- Resource Development: In charge of looking for funding opportunities, incentives or small gifts for patients, grant writing and other funding sources.
- Research: Assist in conducting needs assessments, develop survey instruments for program evaluation and assist with data collection.
- Strategic Planning: In charge of informing the RWHC directions by ensuring stakeholders are involved in the decision-making process and have ways of communicating concerns, and new areas of interest. They address emerging refugee health care priorities and explore training opportunities of the RWHCAC members.
For more information please contact: Jeanne Nizigiyimana, RWHCAC Chair and RWHC Program Manager at Jeanne_Nizigiyimana@dmgaz.org or (602) 540-6469.
Refugee Women’s Health Community Advisory Coalition Meeting Schedule
2018 Refugee Women’s Health Community Advisory Coalition (RWHCAC) Quarterly Meetings:
March 9th, first RWHCAC quarterly meeting 9:00 am-1:00 pm Auditorium 3 and 4
June 8th, second RWHCAC quarterly meeting 9:00 am-1:00 pm Auditorium 3 and 4
September 14th, third RWHCAC quarterly meeting 9:00 am-1:00 pm Auditorium 3 and 4
December 14th, fourth RWHCAC quarterly meeting 9:00 am-12:30 pm Navajo East and West
*Please mark your calendar! As a coalition member you are required to attend all planned meetings unless for excused circumstances made aware to the RWHCAC chair.